Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 19

2 Timothy 4:7 - NLT
I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.

Bonnie took a good look in the mirror. Amazing. She never thought she'd look this good again in her life. All the pain and torture and sacrifice was well worth it. She still couldn't believe it. She had dreamed of the day she would feel really good about her dieting, and that day had arrived. What a great feeling! If we will persevere, the day of triumph will indeed come. Like Paul, we need to fight the good fight, keep the faith, and complete the course. God promises to reward those who remain steadfast. Hold on to your dream and God will bless you richly.

Today's Thought: I am closer to my goal with each passing day!

*******************

Today's Tip: Questions to ask before choosing an exercise video:

Am I familiar with the instructor? Is the instructor certified? Before I buy it, does a friend own the same one or can I rent the video? Do they make any outlandish claims? (Lose 20 pounds in two weeks, or Firm up in only five minutes a day.)
Does it suit my specific needs? Do I have enough room to do the workout safely? Do I need special equipment or props (steps, barbells, stretch rope, chair)? How do I begin? Make sure you watch the video all the way through at least once before you attempt the workout so that you are well prepared.

********************

CROCK POT SPAGHETTI
2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
3 tbsp. dry minced onion
3 tbsp. Italian seasoning
Pinch of garlic powder
1/2 c. pre-cooked ground beef
2 to 3 oz. dry spaghetti

In crock pot, mix first 5 ingredients. Cook on low for all day, high for half a day. (NOTE: Raw beef can be used, but sauce will be "fattier".) No more than an hour before serving, boil spaghetti according to package directions, drain and rinse. Mix into spaghetti sauce. NOTE: The spaghetti will absorb the sauce and swell over time. It will still taste good!  Serves 3 people, 5 points per serving.